Moen Hand Shower with Slide Bar not flush with tile - Help

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dmtrunner, Dec 6, 2009.

1. dmtrunner

dmtrunner Health care analyst.

I am upgrading my bathrooms to the MOEN Eva line. The guest bath had a Moen Eva line Four-function hand held shower head with slide bar installed. The plumber did not install a shorter pipe attachment (is it called a nipple?) and the mount is not flush with the wall

[​IMG]

I am not a professional plumber but it seems to me to the correct installation would require a change in the pipe length and the connection should be flush to keep out water. Am I asking to much of my plumber to do this?
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If the plumber installed the rough-ins AND was told the finished wall thickness (AND it is where he was told it would be), he messed up. There may not be a shorter nipple available and the only way to fix it is either with a (potentially available) trim piece from the manufacturer, or to move the fitting in the wall. If you have access from another room into the wall, that may be possible.
  3. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

New piece.

You should be able to remove that nipple with out damaging the other side of the wall. Once removed clean out a little grout so the new piece will go in and not be touching the grout.

Unscrew the fixture and the brass nipple will either stay in the wall or come out with the fixture.

Find a shorter nipple or have one made and re install.

Good Luck.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

attachment

Assuming that he did not use the shortest nipple made, and that there is actually a nipple, not just a male elbow or adapter, behind it, then it can be relocated.