Metal stain on white sink from repositioning drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by McT, Jun 18, 2010.

1. McT

McT New Member

Jun 18, 2010
    I am installing a new drain on a new white (porcelain or composite, I am not sure) sink. I installed the drain with plumbers putty, but it leaks. So I took it out and repositioned it with new plumbers putty, but now there is a stain, I guess a metal stain, just off the rim of the drain on the sink. Is this a metal stain or from the plumbers putty? And how can I remove it?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    If it's porcelain, it's not the putty. It could have rubbed some metal off. Some sort of cleaner, maybe comet if it's a glaze.
    Or you might try something softer like the liquid bowl cleaners.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement