Low producing well, need storage tank info

Users who are viewing this thread

hickster

Reaction score
I'm helping out a friend with a low producing well. His wife has finally said she has had enough. She wants water. The well has approx. 150 gal. in casing at static. I put a dole 2 gpm in his piping and well stills pumps dry. I suggested he might put in a storage tank. The problem is I have never seen one installed. Where does he find the equipment/ float/ shut off/ tank/ etc. for the install. There is only two of them but when they have friends over they always run out of water. He would prefer to put the storage tank in his basement next to his pressure tank. Access throuh his doors are limited to 32" anyone have any suggestions or places to purchase this equip.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Around here we use a 3000 gallon static tank outside for about 600$ and then pump it at just below the wells capacity with a commonly available float switch. Try a dole valve at a lower rate and also use a pumptek that will shut off the pump when dry. You will need a booster or jet pump to pump up the old pressure tank from that.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Placing a submersible pump in the storage tank make for an easier install, and allot more efficient.

hickster

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Where can a person buy this equipment ? Like I said he would like this in his basement due to the cold weather issues up here in wisconsin. Does anyone make tanks that can fit through a doorway in a home and still have enough storage?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Look up s.t.e.p. pumps from pentair or starite. $259 for what looks like a whole new pumping idea - water over or through the motor and intake 4" off the bottom. Gang up a few small tanks and drop that in one of them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks