Loud Whistle Fleck 2510

Users who are viewing this thread

ReFLeX

Reaction score
I believe I have a Fleck 2510, with the manual

Nearly a year ago I asked here for help to get this thing running, and it was a great help!

Today I noticed a loud whistle coming from the top, and the brine tank was empty. It lasted several minutes after I heard it regenerating maybe? I was worried so I unplugged the power, and it continued. A few minutes later it stopped. I plugged it back in.

What's going in with it? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• 20121216_150934.jpg
    20121216_150934.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 20121216_143846.jpg
    20121216_143846.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 304

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sounds like it was regenerating. Set the time of day correctly and it should regenerate at 2:00 A.M. unless the time of day has been adjusted (the timer you have is adjustable for the time of regeneration).

Your meter is set for only 800 gallons between regenerations. What is your hardness? Are you using this system for iron removal as well?

ReFLeX

Reaction score
In about 2001 a test showed .5 ppm iron, 306po hardness.

We are just my wife and I. The whistle was so loud I heard it upstairs in the living room. I haven't reset the meter, and this happened at 5pm.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The time clock will regenerate the system at 2:00 p.m. in most cases if the time of day is set correctly. The system can be quite noisy during the regeneration process, this is normal.

Your last water test was over a decade ago? You should get a new test done, water supplies change over time. A simple hardness and iron test kit can even be purchased for a very reasonable price, but since ou are responsible for your water quality, a real test would be a prudent decision.

ReFLeX

Reaction score
I bought this as my first house in about December 2012. Someone had written in the data about the water.

The water test for hardness is either:

30 GPO
306 PO
or 30 GPG

Hard to tell the writing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks