Looking for the best H-E Toilet under $300

Users who are viewing this thread

ridawing

Reaction score
Wow looking to puchase toilets can be confusing. I am trying to find the best ones out there. I was planning on upgrading the ones in my home that I have had since 1991. Now I have a bigger incentive with a $200.00 rebate on each toilet. I was looking at the Kohler Cimarron ClassFive EcoSmart K-3496 H-E and the Gerber Ultra Dual Flush RF EF-21-312. The list I can choose from is pretty big. They only offer one Totl and that is an Aquia EL 414. Other HE's are Mancesa, Mansfield, Vitra Vortens-Lamosa, Zurn, American Standard, Capizzi, and Caroma. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer. I do like the taller comfort ones with the elongated seats.:):):)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are more and more listed toilets than what appear on your report then.
The manufacturers are making more of the models that are HET approved.
I would check to see if they are okay with the new "approved" models.
For something tall, elongated, Toto makes the CST744EL, Eco drake with ADA height.

Of the others mentioned, I like the Caroma, but you will be over $300 by far.
TOTO EcoDrake ADA 16-/2" high $340
The Aquia bowl is 15-1/8" high, at around $319
Aquia III is 16-1/8" high, $399
The dual flush Gerber is around $345 with the round standard height bowl, figure about $375 for the ADA

toto_gerber_caroma.jpg

Last edited:

ridawing

Reaction score
Toto Drake

cst744sl_03_paper.jpg

Well when I went to the plumbing store to purchase the DF Gerber toilets, they showed me an updated list of toilets that qualify for rebates. Listed was the Toto Drake so I bought two of them. One regular size because of a bango type counter that would not allow me to get the taller one. I did get the taller one for the bedroom. After reading the posts about the drake, I'm excited to see how it works. The plumber is installing them tomorrow.

Even the Toto seats are neat the way they slowly close. Never thought I'd be excited over toilets.

Dave:):)

Last edited by a moderator:

ridawing

Reaction score
Drake

So far so good with the new Drakes in the house. Wife likes them, especially the way the lids slowly drop down. Problem is now she is expecting me to drop the lid. Now I know there is a law out there that forbids a man from having to drop the lid.:eek:

ncplumber

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Toto Drake: good toilet, in my opinion over priced a little, unless this market is higher since there's only one distributor. :)

Kohler Cimmaron: Not getting good reviews here, but I have never had a complaint from the hundred or so that I have installed. :confused:

American Standard Champion: After the flush tower fiasco, I'm a little gunshy of this one. Flushes great, but once bitten twice shy. :eek:

Eljer anything: After much pain and suffering caused by the Savoy and Patriot in the mid '90's, and the fact I HAD to install this toilet due to builder specs. this utterance of this word has been banished from our household for time and eternity. :mad:

Universal Rundle: mmkay, you're going to think I have fallen off my rocker. Of all the cheap toilets out there (less than a hundred bucks) this one actually seems to flush almost as good as some of the high dollar toilets. Not a Drake, but a good flushing toilet for the money the last time I installed one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks