LIXIL (INAX parent) acquires American Standard Brands

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They have been wanting to get into the US for a long time. It's been about 2 years since they opened their INAX showroom in New York City, and I guess they figured this was a way to increase penetration other than organically.

It will be interesting to see what they do about AS's quality control. I can't imagine that Japanese managers would do anything other than freak out if they saw what AS is willing to sell to the public. Here's hoping that they're not looking at this as a passive investment.

Khinanight

Reaction score
The smart move would be to compliment each companies products. It just means they now have a name brand to introduce they toilet line to. Especially when they brought at a bargain.

Otearai

DIY Engineer
Reaction score
Should be interesting to watch. Will we see INAX products at the box stores next to the Cadets and Champions?

http://www.supplyht.com/articles/97226-american-standard-acquired-by-lixil-for-542-million

I guess we have our answer.
informs us that all operations of Lixil (parent company of INAX) in the USA are being integrated into American Standard, and redirects the visitor to:
Scrolling down the page at that site to the Bathroom Products link, you find that all INAX products have disappeared. The child has eaten its parent.

From all appearances, Lixil has abandoned the United States market as far as the premium INAX product line is concerned. Is the marketing strategy to aim exclusively at the Home Depot & Lowes market segment?

Last edited by a moderator:

CA Homeowner

Reaction score
I had my heart set on the INAX St. Clair for our masterbath remodel, which just started. Does anyone know if I can still get one somewhere? The Tubz showroom where I saw it has the floor model, but can't find the "drain socket", which I guess is like a rough-out valve? The part number is CF-420-SG-12, but neither they nor I can find it online. Help!?

inax_dover_adapter4.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I don't know why you would want to buy an orphan toilet, when you could have a Toto, including the dual-flush Aquia, which I think looks better, but each to his own.

That big consumer retail site has a bunch of Inax drain sockets available through a reseller. They have the socket in 10" with the right model number, but not the 12". (SG-10 instead of SG-12.) Presumably, you could use the 10", but it would look funny. (2" further from the wall).

CA Homeowner

Reaction score
I don't know why you would want to buy an orphan toilet, when you could have a Toto, including the dual-flush Aquia, which I think looks better, but each to his own.

That big consumer retail site has a bunch of Inax drain sockets available through a reseller. They have the socket in 10" with the right model number, but not the 12". (SG-10 instead of SG-12.) Presumably, you could use the 10", but it would look funny. (2" further from the wall).

The Aquia didn't have great flushing reviews if I recall, or it isn't skirted, so is ugly at the bottom, and I like the sleek low profile. What big consumer retail site do you mean? I was able to call Am. Standard, and they can supply the valve. I do hope I can get parts but Am Std. says they do have parts and the flapper is standard, so no problem.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Aquia didn't have great flushing reviews if I recall, or it isn't skirted, so is ugly at the bottom, and I like the sleek low profile.

If you can't figure out what the "big consumer retail site" is... Oh well.

In any event, you found the parts so yay.

But talk about not having done your research.

Two piece Aquia clearly not skirted (rolling eyes):

Nor is the one-piece Aquia (again rolling eyes):

As to the reviews saying it doesn't flush well, I don't know where you are looking, because Terry consistently says that he installs a lot of them (I mean thousands, literally) and that customers don't return them, they call and order more of them. And the reviews at places you should/would find believable also laud the Aquias. Not so much for the Inax stuff. But, hey, you like the way the failed St Clair looks. So go for it.

One other toilet that looks a bit like the St Clair but isn't a dual flush, and works well, as Terry says, the Toto Legato:

ms624124-1.jpg

CA Homeowner

Reaction score
I guess this site is for professionals and not ordinary mortals, so I'll thank you for the photos, and bow out, as I don't appreciate the attitude. As I said I didn't recall exactly what I saw about the Aquia when I researched replacing 2 other toilets last year, but just googled various toilet reviews and found great ones for this INAX and not great ones for other toilets.
I do appreciate Terry's straightforward information, so thanks Terry.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I guess this site is for professionals and not ordinary mortals, so I'll thank you for the photos, and bow out, as I don't appreciate the attitude.

Sorry you feel that way. This forum is definitely NOT just for professionals, and many DIY-ers come on here and learn a lot. Just like you did, even if you didn't like being called out a little.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks