Leaky Legend outside faucet vacuum breaker

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by hjmuller, May 12, 2014.

1. hjmuller

hjmuller New Member

Hi,

I have an outside fixture hooked up to a garden hose. When I open the faucet, the water leaks out of the top of the faucet through the circular valve. I've tried tightening this valve by using a wrench, but it never seems to tighten shut. I'm really not sure how to operate this fixture to make sure it's water tight.

I've attached a picture of the situation to this thread. Any advice would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You have a Legend frost free faucet. That cap that spins covers the vacuum breaker. They make a kit with parts for that.

[​IMG]
  3. hjmuller

hjmuller New Member

So do you mean the vacuum breaker is busted because it spins no matter what, or is it supposed to do that? Would replacing the vacuum breaker alone fix the leak issue?
  4. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

5. quarterball

quarterball New Member

6. hjmuller

hjmuller New Member

Great, I will try that.

Thanks for everyone's help.