Leaky Grohe Shower - Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Glasgow

Reaction score
Recently moved into house with Grohe shower. Problem is a constant drip coming from thermometer end of fitment (see pic) which is getting worse. I have removed the cap and also the black part beneath it (see pic). Problem seems to be water in end of brass section (3rd pic) coming out through tiny hole in black piece. The hole is clearly supposed to be there but not sure why. Tempted to block it up and see if that solves problem.

Has anyone any idea what I need to do to stop the drip? Really need to fix it as it managing to splash water over large area of shower tray and beginning to get mouldy now :eek: . Have had a look at the Grohe website but none of the manuals there are any help.

Attachments

• grohe shower.JPG
    grohe shower.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 364
  • grohe shower 2.JPG
    grohe shower 2.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 347
  • Grohe shower 3.JPG
    Grohe shower 3.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 331

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
More than likely, you will need some help from Grohe on this.
They have a contact number on their web site. They also have parts.

Very good pictures. You can save them some time and just have them look up the pictures here.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you don't have the installation/maintenance documentation, they can send it to you in a pdf file...I did that for a similar version (same series, but has the divertor and tub filler). Depending on the age, the newer stuff has a lifetime warranty against leaks, etc. Call them, or they seem fairly quick to respond to an e-mail.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
What you have is a "Old Style" Auto 1000 Thermostatic shower mixer.
Sorry i can't think of the number i'm not at work and Monday is a holiday for us here in Ontario Canada.
It's funny because the Auto 1000 is not usually sold in the US but mainly Europe and Canada, that's why it's not on their web site.
You can get a new thermostatic cartridge which should solve the problem but since you bought the house with it already installed you are not the original owner and the warranty does not apply to you.
They may give you another but i wouldn't mention you didn't buy it.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Peanut9199 said:
It's funny because the Auto 1000 is not usually sold in the US but mainly Europe and Canada, that's why it's not on their web site.
The only Glasgow I know of is in Scotland.;)

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
The only Glasgow I know of is in Scotland.;)

I didn't mention Glasgow but that's funny that's where my family is from.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks