Leaky Faucet - Can't find screw

Users who are viewing this thread

sime0n

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and had some questions about my faucet. I've googled around and found many guides to how to fix the faucet and I've actually fixed my kitchen faucet. The problem with my bathroom faucet is that I can't remove the handle to get to the stem and everything beneath. I can't find the screw that should allow me to remove the handle. I've taken some pics and welcome plenty of advice. Is there some kind of screwdriver that goes in that hole? I've tried phillips and allen so far. Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sime0n/sets/72157620833223780/

D'Brie

Apprentice Plumber
Reaction score
In the photo, it looks as though the screw is missing. Have you tried to remove the handle with anything besides your hands? I mean like a faucet puller? This may not work but you'll have a mechanical advantage. How about replacing the entire unit? Good luck!

Last edited:

sime0n

Reaction score
I dont think there is anything missing because I have many of these types of handles in my house. The caps all unscrew like that and have a hole there.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
There is only 1 screw that holds the handle and you seem to have already removed it.

Gently pry on the handle with a long flat blade wedged between the counter and the bottom of the handle.

Try and work the handle up equally around the circumference.

It's just gummed up and has created a lot of friction to hold it on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks