Leaking tub tap.

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by meggie, Mar 6, 2008.

1. meggie

meggie New Member

I recently changed the taps on the upstairs bathroom tub. Now when I turn the taps on water leaks down the wall in my daughters downstairs bedroom. I'm assuming that the leak is in the spout connection? Does this mean I have to remove the wall and change the pipes? HELP Meggie:eek:
  2. krow

krow Plumber

Exhaust every possibility before you start opening up walls.

I would try checking for any possible leaks within the spout. See if chaulking tiles or any holes in the tile are possible places that water can get into, including behind the spout.
  3. meggie

meggie New Member

I've done that allready :(. Since it didn't leak before and now only leaks when the taps are turned on (either tap) I'm guessing that the old pipes (over 30 ) have cracked or broken when I tightened the new spout? :confused:
  4. krow

krow Plumber

It would be to your advantage to open the wall on the opposite side of the bathroom to make any repairs
  5. greekguy7

greekguy7 Member

Exactly what did you replace??