Leaking diverter spout

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by David Mims, Sep 27, 2009.

1. David Mims

David Mims New Member

I'm hopeful ya'll can help a brotha out. I seem to have the only such tub spout on earth and can't find a replacement. It's leaking around the o-ring, which I've replaced. I have another tub with the same fixture, and this spout leaks on both while the other spout seals on both. I think daughter pushed down it and broke the plastic inside but can't get it apart to be sure.

The stem is about 1 1/2" from the threads to the o-ring. Looks like it's soldered onto 1/2 copper pipe. The o-ring is 3/32" by 1 1/8" od. The spout is threaded on the near end but smooth for the o-ring to seat against farther inside. It appears to have a brand stamp at the base SA surrounded by a C. Hope you can see the picture.

I just need to know what brand it is and where to find one or one similar to replace it. I am much obliged for any insight you fellars might offer.

[​IMG]
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

It is a Delta RP17453. Available at any good plumbing supply, not necessarily at a home center.
  3. David Mims

David Mims New Member

Thanks Jimbo!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

It would have been hard, if not impossible, to damage the "O" ring, so you may have a different problem. Call Delta customer service and have them send you a complete new spout.
  5. David Mims

David Mims New Member

True the o-ring was not the problem. Ordered a new spout online Sunday which arrived UPS last night. Great service from ********, and thanks again Jimbo. Problem solved!
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

Delta might have taken a little longer, but you would not have had to buy it.