Kraus faucet leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

David McDaniel

Reaction score
Hi, Unfortunately I bought a Kraus faucet from Home Depot and the end of the hose that connects to the faucet keeps sliding of eventually . I noticed this morning that before it comes off it will leak. It just slides on to the connection. Any suggestions on how to remedy thew problem ? I have thought about using loctite or plumbers tape or putty but I'm unsure. Especially loctite because the connection swivels. Right now I have the spring that the hose runs through and that keeps the hose up off so I can keep an eye on the connection. I would jut go but a different faucet but I pad 300 bucks for this one and have seen very little mileage out of it. I went on Home depots website and it is showing no record of the purchase. I have no idea exactly when I bought it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
The Kraus faucet I have seen has a threaded connection on both ends of the hose. It sounds like the "spray head" end is what is coming loose. I would disassemble and carefully check the threads. Maybe they are stripped. If I'm misunderstanding the problem perhaps you could post a picture.

David McDaniel

Reaction score
The Kraus faucet I have seen has a threaded connection on both ends of the hose. It sounds like the "spray head" end is what is coming loose. I would disassemble and carefully check the threads. Maybe they are stripped. If I'm misunderstanding the problem perhaps you could post a picture.

The threaded part of the connection is fine. I'm glad said that though because now I see that the hose is whats defective. If you look at the pictures youll see the end of the hose that has the round lip slides on to the threaded part. The part you turn with a wrench. Before I took the picture it had slid up about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. I tried to pull it off and couldnt get it to come completely off or leak so I could show you the problem even though it was leaking this morning. So I pushed it back down. Before I left the spring that the hose goes through off so I could watch it it would take about a month or two to come off. I'm not sure if it leaked before it came off because I could l not see it although I'm assuming it did. I will email Kraus and see if they will send me another hose. On home depots web site someone reviewed this same faucet and had the same problem. Their response was just to slide it back on. Way to step up to the plate Kraus. $300 faucet that has to be babysat. Thats why Im thinking about teflon tape or loctite. I will have to wait for it to come off on its on again and try one or the other. Any ideas suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170225_084251.jpg
    20170225_084251.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 20170225_084318.jpg
    20170225_084318.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 524

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
So your saying the "crimp" on the hose fitting is bad.
I bet if you called Kraus they would send you a new hose for free. Even if they don't, buying a replacement hose is better than living with what you have.

David McDaniel

Reaction score
Thanks , I just sent them an email so I will have to wait and see what they say. I did not see a replacement hose for sale on their website. Their website says they have a lifetime warranty so wee will see. Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks