kohler toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by decisions decisions!, Jul 28, 2005.

1. decisions decisions!

decisions decisions! New Member

I had decided on 2 kohler toilets for our remodeling project(2 baths)-"San Raphael" and "Gabrielle"-until I talked with a bath shop who recommended the same Toto models as Terry Love. I can change-but really like the design of the Kohler "San Raphael." I would appreciate any imput!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you like the look of the Kohler, then that may be the determining factor.
    Though most Kohler toilets are poor performing, at least they look nice.

Toto does make quite a few styles that work better, but in the end it's your bathroom and how you want it to look.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  3. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Kohler

Why not just get a regular Kohler or am.std. toilet instead of the other styles. they are more expensive to buy and a lot more expensive to repair.
    Just one mans opinion. Have had many people over the years tell me that they should have gone to a regular toilet. They work as good as any expensive one.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Kohler Wellworth and the American Standard Cadet's are not good toilets compared to others.
    MaP testing shows why this is the case. This is not to say that you can't get use out of them, it's just not the same as the better ones.

Testing shows over and over again, that they are on the bottom end of the ratings.

Better toilets can be had, that are easy to repair, and look stylish.
    It doesn't matter if it's a one-piece or a two piece toilets. Most of these have the same internal parts nowadays.

We're not talking about the funky old kohler one piece toilets of yesteryear.

I had a Cadet in 2001 that quit working after a bit and I had to throw it out.
    Something must have lodged in the trapway.
    That's one reason I like the sweeping trapways on some brands.
    There is less chance of having to throw away the bowl when bad things get flushed, or in some cases not flushed through.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2005