Kohler toilet quality..??

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Donn2390, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

I'm planning to replace three toilets in a rental unit. I'm a devout Toto fan and have them in my house, but want to save a few bucks on the rental, and still have a good toilet.
    I went to a plumbing supply store and they recommended the new 1.28 Kohler.
    Tell me all I need to know about Kohler and why I shouldn't buy one..!
    Thanks, I value the opinions expressed by the experts in here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  2. nycguy

nycguy New Member

I too just went thru this but needed a pink toilet so got a kohler memoirs 3812. was $900
    For cheap and good quality id use the kohler cimmaron "class 6" good flush and clean and price is great
    for a rental. I have never had problems for parts with kohler heck they will send me free parts half the time for my faucets :) can't complain there. The archer is also a nice toilet :)

Cimarron link at depot for $268

Archer for $382

Archer toilet shown by consumer reports demo :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUL8Kxk2OZA
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Kohler design lends for many clogs. I certain would not want one in my own home or in a rental. You might save a few dollars, but I wonder how many calls from renters it would take before the savings wasn't that important anymore? Just wondering. Repair parts are often very costly and available only from Kohler with at least several days wait to get them.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Toto Drake is in that same price range...
  5. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

The Wellworth RF is $190. The Toto Eco drake is over $300. If they were close, I'd go Toto
    This is a slow payback, if I have to spend $300 each for a good toilet, then I can't replace all three..!
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've been selling the Eco Drake round for $239.99
    Some places are giving $100 rebates for the Watersense toilets, have you checked with your water provider?
    The Wellworth will work too.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  7. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

You're right, Terry. The Totos I purchased were ADA and elongated, therefore the extra cost. I will check on a standard eco-drake and if I can get it for 199.99, I'll gladly pay the difference over the Kohler.
    if notT, IT'S the Wellsworth for me, as long as you say it will work...!
    Thank you for your advice
  8. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

OK, here it is a couple of weeks later, and I decided it will be Toto or nothing. My question for Terry, did I understand you have a So Calif location, and what is the least expensive Toto..?
    I love my Eco Drake and want to buy three more, I just wondered if there is a less expensive model, since this home isn't my primary residence. If not, what is the cost on an Eco Drake, just a basic one. Standard height, round bowl, white. Must be 1.2 gpf to meet rebate requirements
    The place I purchased the Toto's I have now is 60 miles away, one way, and they won't quote prices over the phone. It would be nice to know the cost before traveling 120 miles..!!