Kohler Memoirs tank on Wellworth bowl.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by evogroup, Mar 31, 2008.

1. evogroup

evogroup New Member

Does anyone know if a Memoirs tank will fit on a Wellworth Bowl?

I need a 14" rough-in bowl, and Wellworth in the only Kohler product available, but I have a Memoirs sink and want the toilet to match. Both models have a 3 bolt pattern and the part# for the gasket is the same for both tanks. Kohler said the flushing technology is different and didn't think they could interchange, but someone else said all 3 bolt tank/bowls will work.

Anyone have any experience swapping Kohler tanks?

Thanks.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I would not offer a differing opinion. Also even if it did fit, the placement of the holes in the tank usually has some bearing on the rough in dimension of the toilet.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Memoirs uses the 3.25" flush valve and the Wellworth uses the 2" flush valve.
    There is now way that would work.

You could just set the 12" rough Memoirs on the 14" rough, that would work. It would set out from the wall a bit, that's the only issue, but that only affects looks. I looks too far from the wall, but there isn't really anything wrong with that.
  4. evogroup

evogroup New Member

I think I will just set the Memoirs in the 14" R/O.
    It does look like a mistake, so I am going to build out the wall two inches behind the toilet the take up the space.

Thanks for your input.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Or, you can just put a cabinet on the wall above the tank for extra bathroom storage, and that would look fine too.