Kohler K-304 faucet, comes on hot first instead of cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosco14

Reaction score
I just installed a new Kohler K-304 rite temp tub/shower faucet. I checked and rechecked the install. Unit installed with "top" on top. Hot supply line on left, cold on right. However, when I turn the water on, hot comes out first then the cold. I checked for some trouble shooting ideas and, according to all the diagrams, pictures and paragraphs I've seen, my install is 100% on target. I emailed Kohler and they sent me a link to a site I had already been on (that showed my install to be correct- hot and cold supply lines are correct and the tab is in the 12 o'clock position.) Any suggestions as to how to correct this problem? Not that it's a huge deal, but the handle shows cold first and hot in the most upright position. It's just reversed on mine as it is. Stumped....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To reverse the direction, you will need to flip the Cap Assembly.
Figure 15, Install cap assembly 180 degrees from what you have, with tab on top if the water is hot on the left, cold on right when installed.
You will need to shut off the water first to make the change.

k-304-r15.jpg

If it's reversed in the wall, then it's tab at the bottom. Figure 8

k-304-r07.jpg

Last edited:

CoachJoe

Reaction score
To reverse the direction, you will need to flip the Cap Assembly.
Figure 15, Install cap assembly 180 degrees from what you have, with tab on top if the water is hot on the left, cold on right when installed.
You will need to shut off the water first to make the change.

k-304-r15.jpg

If it's reversed in the wall, then it's tab at the bottom. Figure 8

k-304-r07.jpg
I have a similar issue. Just replaced the mix GP800920 and GP77886 and I have the hot on first. As you turn the lever up it goes to cold.

CoachJoe

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. Just replaced the mix GP800920 and GP77886 and I have the hot on first. As you turn the lever up it goes to cold.
But when I turned the cap 180 the water wouldn't shut off at all! Part GP800820 and GP77886

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks