kitchen bathroom 4" vent/drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yngwie_69

Reaction score
Think this is ok? or is there a better way of doing it? i know that back to back kitchen and basin is sketchy, so i just stuck an auto vent there. I probly should of vented the inbetween the connections and looped it up to the 4".

Quick sketches of how you would do this, oh and there is one more connection on the bottom of the 4" pipe (laundry)

Attachments

• newish.jpg
    newish.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 284

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you don't mind smelling sewer smells in your home, this would work well for that.
The toilet will do a nice job siphoning the tub trap.

Or, you may want to consider spending a few more dollars, buying another length of pipe and some fittings and do it right.
You can't stack a toilet over a tub, nor can you stack a kitchen sink over a tub.
The tub needs a vent before it enters the main stack.
The laundry below will need it's own vent before it enters the waste stack too or that will also siphon.

Here is a basic idea of stacking fixtures and venting

dwv_b2.jpg

yngwie_dwv.jpg

Last edited:

Yngwie_69

Reaction score
thank you, i just dont understand that if its a 4" if it could syphon a fixture below, where im from people are cheap and i was debating adding extra vents. im still confused, u have to vent everything going into a stack no matter the size?

Yngwie_69

Reaction score
quick question 4 inch stack, you can have 1.5 fixture units wet venting a toilet and thats it? and all others tying in below or above have to be vented?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks