kitchen bathroom 4" vent/drain?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by yngwie_69, Mar 21, 2014.

1. yngwie_69

yngwie_69 New Member

Think this is ok? or is there a better way of doing it? i know that back to back kitchen and basin is sketchy, so i just stuck an auto vent there. I probly should of vented the inbetween the connections and looped it up to the 4".

Quick sketches of how you would do this, oh and there is one more connection on the bottom of the 4" pipe (laundry)

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you don't mind smelling sewer smells in your home, this would work well for that.
    The toilet will do a nice job siphoning the tub trap.

Or, you may want to consider spending a few more dollars, buying another length of pipe and some fittings and do it right.
    You can't stack a toilet over a tub, nor can you stack a kitchen sink over a tub.
    The tub needs a vent before it enters the main stack.
    The laundry below will need it's own vent before it enters the waste stack too or that will also siphon.

Here is a basic idea of stacking fixtures and venting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. yngwie_69

yngwie_69 New Member

thank you, i just dont understand that if its a 4" if it could syphon a fixture below, where im from people are cheap and i was debating adding extra vents. im still confused, u have to vent everything going into a stack no matter the size?
  4. yngwie_69

yngwie_69 New Member

quick question 4 inch stack, you can have 1.5 fixture units wet venting a toilet and thats it? and all others tying in below or above have to be vented?