Kinetico Mach Series Potassium not drawing

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
How can i check to see if my pot perm is drawing. I have a bunch of iron in my water all of the sudden and it doesn't appear to be drawing but I am not sure.
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Place the unit into a draw cycle. Disconnect the brine line from the unit and check to insure there is a suction. If no suction, you will have to take the valve apart to find out why.

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
Do you have instructions on putting the unit into draw cycle and then taking apart the valve? Diagrams of some sort. I am fairly handy but I have serviced this before. Also, does the greensand media need to be changed out from time to time?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a phillips screw on the top of the valve. push it down while turning clockwise until it catches a tab (you may not see the tab). Tunr until you hear water flowing. The unit is now in a draw cycle. Remove the smaller tube from the valve and feel for a suction. I have a manual but you need to send me an email so I can send it to you.

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
There is a phillips screw on the top of the valve. push it down while turning clockwise until it catches a tab (you may not see the tab). Tunr until you hear water flowing. The unit is now in a draw cycle. Remove the smaller tube from the valve and feel for a suction. I have a manual but you need to send me an email so I can send it to you.

My email is bbennett@friendschurch.org

Model 60 Expert

Reaction score
Potassium is very prone to bricking solid, especially around the float assembly. Make sure there is no build up around the intake at the bottom of the float assembly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks