Kinetico Mach Series Potassium not drawing

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Brian Bennett, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Brian Bennett

Brian Bennett New Member

How can i check to see if my pot perm is drawing. I have a bunch of iron in my water all of the sudden and it doesn't appear to be drawing but I am not sure.
    photo 1.jpg photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Place the unit into a draw cycle. Disconnect the brine line from the unit and check to insure there is a suction. If no suction, you will have to take the valve apart to find out why.
  3. Brian Bennett

Brian Bennett New Member

Do you have instructions on putting the unit into draw cycle and then taking apart the valve? Diagrams of some sort. I am fairly handy but I have serviced this before. Also, does the greensand media need to be changed out from time to time?
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

There is a phillips screw on the top of the valve. push it down while turning clockwise until it catches a tab (you may not see the tab). Tunr until you hear water flowing. The unit is now in a draw cycle. Remove the smaller tube from the valve and feel for a suction. I have a manual but you need to send me an email so I can send it to you.
  5. Brian Bennett

Brian Bennett New Member

My email is bbennett@friendschurch.org
  6. Model 60 Expert

Model 60 Expert New Member

Potassium is very prone to bricking solid, especially around the float assembly. Make sure there is no build up around the intake at the bottom of the float assembly.