Kenetico 60 water discharge

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by B Skipper, Feb 27, 2010.

1. B Skipper

B Skipper New Member

I have a 20 yr old model 60 that does not stop discharging water I have taken the head appart and cleaned it, but problem still persists any suggestions
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Not knowing a lot of the Kinetico units, I would say that the valve that is to close when in service and not cleaning the other tank is worn and not seating right or that the piston that should be closing is not or it to is worn.
    You might be able to find either a used control head that some one is selling or get the part from some Kinetico dealer..
  3. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

With a phillips screwdiver, push down on the center piece of the clear plastic top and turn clockwise slowly. If the water stops, the valve is not advancing to the off position. If not, a drain seal is at fault.
  4. B Skipper

B Skipper New Member

Water does not stop, would the drain seal be one of the 4 bigger plungers or could it be a o ring on the pistons?
  5. B Skipper

B Skipper New Member

Is it possible to find a used or rebuilt head?
  6. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

There are used ones or rebuilt ones out there.
  7. Lowell

Lowell New Member

8. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Might you be talking about a valve like this one?

Attached Files:

9. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

The plungers are the pistons. The drain seals are a cone shaped rubber seal. They are on page 11.

Attached Files:

10. B Skipper

B Skipper New Member

Yes looks like that one, is it for sale?
  11. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

This one has orange and 2 on the dial that is under the clear.
    Yours?
    PM if you would like.