Just installed acrylic Delta Tub and 3 piece surround (attach to studs type)

Users who are viewing this thread

urdrwho

Reaction score
I now need to caulk the vertical joints and at the tub. The directions don't saw what type of sealant. The tub and surround are acrylic and if I remember, during a phone conversation with Delta they said to use latex caulk. I think (not sure) they said the caulk tube can contain no more than 20% silicone.

We don't have a fan in the bathroom and end up with mold problems. I don't think Latex has the mildew protection like silicone.

Tomorrow I am calling Delta to make sure about the sealant in question.

Which one to use is my question.

The tub directions said - do not use plumbers putty. I showed the directions to the plumber but he went a head and used putty. Not sure if that will be a problem in the future. I am also not sure why he didn't listen to my request to not use plumbers putty. Maybe I am off base but it was in the directions and they don't put it there for no reason.

urdrwho

Reaction score
Today I called Delta.

If anyone installs the Laurel tub surround and their Laurel tub the correct caulk is DAP 3.0. At almost $8 a tube that fits in a gun is a bit expensive. I will use it.

curugby

Reaction score
Today I called Delta.

If anyone installs the Laurel tub surround and their Laurel tub the correct caulk is DAP 3.0. At almost $8 a tube that fits in a gun is a bit expensive. I will use it.

Can you let me know if the DAP 3.0 worked? I have caulked this thing twice now and DAP kwik seal comes right out within a day or so - some online suggest Lexel for the acrylic surround.

urdrwho

Reaction score
The DAP 3.0 is still in there and hasn't tried to come out. You aren't going to see a bright / shiny finish with it but it stays where you put it. It is not the cheapest caulk on the shelf.

Can you let me know if the DAP 3.0 worked? I have caulked this thing twice now and DAP kwik seal comes right out within a day or so - some online suggest Lexel for the acrylic surround.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks