It's Time to End the War on Salt

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Terry, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt

This week a meta-analysis of seven studies involving a total of 6,250 subjects in the American Journal of Hypertension found no strong evidence that cutting salt intake reduces the risk for heart attacks, strokes or death in people with normal or high blood pressure.

Okay!
    I'm feeling much better about the salt on my hash browns now.
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. ballvalve

4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

All Salt was Sea salt at one time in history, was it not ?
  5. ballvalve

Yes, but the most expensive new stuff is made in coastal areas subject to all the crap in the air settling into the brine. Some of biggest are on the approach path to san francisco airport. If I want diesel in my salt, I'll add it at home.

"Real Salt" is from the Jurassic, and I doubt if any 777's dumped any excess fuel in an emergency over the lake. Maybe a brontasaurous crapped in it, but I'll eat 6 million year old S&%& anytime. Then the bed got capped by bentonite and lava flows, and sealed out our games with the atmosphere of late.

Go to the site and loook at the lab report on the minerals in this salt - pretty intriguing. And 1/4 the cost of any import.

Even has some gold in it. http://blog.realsalt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/realsalt_analysis.pdf
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011