ISOBAR Automatic Filter Control Valve & R/O advice

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Holy hopping horney toads Batman, this is going from the ridiculous to the sublime.

LET ME CLARIFY because I apparantly confused people here ( OK 1 people here )

1 - I HAVE NO CLACK VALVES IN MY JUNK PILE. ZERO, NILL, NADA!
2 - The Clack valve my guy serviced was plugged with iron.
3 - He removed the stack assembly with his finger, washed it and flushed the valve body. Put it back together and it's fine
4 - He schooled the customer in the proper use of Iron Out
5 - I like Clack Valves. I sell Clack Valves. Clack valves are the bomb if you need a demand metered valve head
6 - I have not, nor have my tech's run into a Clack valve that they could not get the stack out of.........................yet

NOW CAN WE PUT THIS ONE TO BED? Or do I have to drag out my beating the dead horse Gif again?

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

246epa

Reaction score
Apologies to all.

Many thanks for the advice!!! & sorry as I did not mean to open up such a can of worms.
Can everyone not agree to differ as I don't think you are going to change the others views & I'm sure you all have better things to do with your time than spend it splitting hairs.

Many thanks again, but I must admit the only thing I have discovered is the Isobar is a no no.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ok well I think the question was answered in the first couple of posts. If you want a demand metered valve the Clack WS-1 is a very good choice. If you don't want demand metering or are afraid of electronic heads then go with a Fleck 5600. I use Watts for my RO filtration but there are a lot of good ones ( and junk ) out there. Just remember that you get what you pay for. I like the Watts because changing out the cartridges is very fast and easy.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
For a Home 0 grains will work, For Boilers and Steam Gennies 0 grains may not be true 0 grains, it HAS to be messured in ppm! 3ppm of hardness can mean problems for the system.
While a system may pass for the home it may not pass for boilers or Steam Gennies..

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
For a Home 0 grains will work, For Boilers and Steam Gennies 0 grains may not be true 0 grains, it HAS to be messured in ppm! 3ppm of hardness can mean problems for the system.
While a system may pass for the home it may not pass for boilers or Steam Gennies..
Yeah I know, the same for metal plating, chemical manufacturing etc. etc. but not residential.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Some residential customers want very low hardness and are educated so they know someone telling them that 17 ppm is 0 gpg is blowing smoke.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks