Installing a 4 inch mini widespread faucet

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Cybermonkey, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Cybermonkey

Cybermonkey New Member

I am a bit confused on how to install a widespread faucet onto a 4 inch lav sink. There doesn't seem to be enough room between the spout tee and the supply shank. Do I need to buy an adapter? or just not seeing the obvious?

Thanks
    --edward
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Is it for sure a MINI widespread? The minis I am familiar with are actually one piece below the counter top. If it is a mini, and 3 piece, you might have to rotate the tee and the valve bodies. What make and model do you have? Picture would help/
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

The conventional 3 piece wide spread faucet will not fit a 4" drilled sink. A true mini-wide spread has a one piece body under the sink and the trim pieces on top are sized appropriately.