Installation help for an AQUIA III

Users who are viewing this thread

jtm012

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to purchase the AQUIA III becasue of the recommendations on this site. I'm a bit concerned about the installation since they show an additional piece of plastic to connect the front to the back. I see you have installation advice on another TOTO model. Any help available for this one. I can install a regular unit ok, but beyond that, the skills may be wanting. Am I going to have trouble installing this thing over tile? Thanks for the advice and any help. jtm

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use the search function...there are pictures. Basically, you will need to probably buy a drill bit to put some additional holes in the tile. Depending on the type of tile you have, some are really hard and you may want to pick up a diamond bit. Lowes sells diamond core bits that will work well. There are other types. A core bit takes a little practice since it is essentially a pipe that cuts on the edges - no point, it cuts around the outer edge and leaves the middle untouched (so there's no center point). Some tile can be drilled with a carbide bit, but if it is a hard porcelain, you'll probably need the diamond bit.

There are some tips on the package, but basically a few things about using a diamond core bit...
- go slowly
- keep the hole wet with either a sponge or a spray bottle (you can also use some plumber's putty, make a circle with it, then fill it with a little water).
- start the hole by holding the drill at a large angle and cut a groove with the bit
- once you get a divot, slowly bring the drill to vertical and then cut through the tile - crack out the core. Don't try to use it to cut through the subflooring, switch to a regular drill

Takes longer to read than it does to do. It can help to put a piece of tape on the floor, it will help keep the bit from walking...go slow.

An alternative is to drill a hole through something long enough you can kneel on it with it centered over where you want it to be, and use it as a guide to keep it from walking.

The thing comes with a template...set it down over the flange, mark the holes, drill the holes, mount the blocks, set the toilet down, screw it down. It's not hard, just a couple more steps. When you see it, it will be obvious, especially if you read the instructions!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks