Install Toto Ultramax on 14" rough-in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Justthinking

Reaction score
I installed the Toto Ultramax toilet last year on my master bathroom which has 14" rough-in..
I originally thought the extra 2" wont be a problem but now I am regreting the decision..
So, I would like to know if the Toto unfit rough-in adapter work on the Ultramax toilets..
If not, are there any other way to bring the toilet back closer to the back wall?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The unifit adapter only fits on toilets that are designed for it, so no. The Unifit is PART of the toilet...you can't install one designed for it without it, it isn't a generic part that can be used on any toilet.

You have three choices...live with it as it is, buy a 14" rough-in toilet, or move the flange and piping back 2". Well, you could build a box behind the toilet, too.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jim's right.
It would have to be a Unifit model like the
Only TOTO uses the Unifit, and only some of their models.
Vespin
Carlyle
Carrollton
Carolina
Lloyd
Pacifica
Soiree
Guinevere
https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks