Identifying toilet make and model

Users who are viewing this thread

Barnz

Reaction score
I want to replace all the parts in my toilet tank which is a low profile one piece toilet. My problem is I can't figure out what type of toilet it is. The only identification numbers I can find are two numbers stamped inside the tank. 2586 and 1343. Anybody know what I have?

Last edited:

Barnz

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Nice catch, GoKohlerGo. It may also be an old Eljer Canterbury 081-2400 or 081-2450. I can't tell, and they use the same ballcock and diverter (495-0260-00), as well as the same flush valve and flapper, so it probably doesn't make a difference. Some people online have the ballcock and diverter, some don't, and it's gonna run you $60-70 just for the ballcock and diverter. These are probably the nicest guys, even if they don't currently have the ballcock. You can look at the model numbers of the parts you want, then start your search. The parts numbers in their little boxes are the manufacturers' parts numbers. https://www.plumbingsupply.com/eljer-toilets.html They also sell a nifty little tool for unscrewing the flush valve from inside.

Barnz

Reaction score
Most certainly an Eljer Windsor.
That's what I was thinking but mine not having a diverter valve was throwing me off. I called American Standard and gave them the numbers in the tank but they couldn't help. They said if the toilet was made before 2003 that those numbers didn't mean anything. Thank you for your help and thanks to Terry for this site!!!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't want/need a diverter in that thing. Are you sure what was in there was original?

AS is useless in supporting older products, unfortunately. Given that I have an AS toilet still working that was made in 1927, you'd think they would take more pride in their history.

Barnz

Reaction score
Nice catch, GoKohlerGo. It may also be an old Eljer Canterbury 081-2400 or 081-2450. I can't tell, and they use the same ballcock and diverter (495-0260-00), as well as the same flush valve and flapper, so it probably doesn't make a difference. Some people online have the ballcock and diverter, some don't, and it's gonna run you $60-70 just for the ballcock and diverter. These are probably the nicest guys, even if they don't currently have the ballcock. You can look at the model numbers of the parts you want, then start your search. The parts numbers in their little boxes are the manufacturers' parts numbers. https://www.plumbingsupply.com/eljer-toilets.html They also sell a nifty little tool for unscrewing the flush valve from inside.
Plumbingsupply.com is my go to site when I need to figure something out wjcandee! I can get the ball cock locally for $9.99 not sure about the diverter valve.

Barnz

Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't want/need a diverter in that thing. Are you sure what was in there was original?

AS is useless in supporting older products, unfortunately. Given that I have an AS toilet still working that was made in 1927, you'd think they would take more pride in their history.
Up to 20 minutes ago I wasn't sure about very much but now I'm confident on what I have so the diverter valve is getting reinstalled!

Unfortunately your right about AS. But it's a business and businesses are in it to be profitable and history isn't profitable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks