How to remove cultured marble bathroom vanity countertop?

Users who are viewing this thread

GoshenPlumber

Reaction score
I will be replacing my existing cultured marble bathroom vanity countertop with a new cultured marble countertop. I am not replacing the vanity; it is brand new. So first I need to remove the existing countertop without damaging any of the vanity wood. The countertop is not screwed into the vanity. Instead there is a bead of adhesive between the countertop and the vanity, and there is a silicone caulk bead between the edge of the vanity and the tile on the wall.

I assume I can use a utility knife to cut the silicone caulk at the edge of the vanity.

But how do I loosen the adhesive between the vanity so that I can lift off the old countertop, and do this without damaging the vanity wood? What tools and techniques do I use?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Always tricky,
Cut what you can from the caulking, they pry from inside the box with a flat Stanley Wonder Bar.

Attachments

• wonder bar.jpg
    wonder bar.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,480

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might not get it off without damage. Many of the cabinets are made with a veneer over particle board - the better ones over plywood.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks