How should I prepare copper pipe for a quick connect fitting?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by amateurplumber1, Jul 21, 2013.

1. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

Any tips? Just make sure it's cut straight?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I would pick up a tubing cutter for that. That gives a nice straight cut.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Ja, a good one does. A cheap one puts threads on the pipe.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Those fittings typically seal with o-ring(s). At least on the Sharkbite fittings, they tell you to use their reamer tool to deburr the end. You do not want the end of the pipe to nick or slice the o-ring. http://www.sharkbite.com/product/deburr-gauge-tool/ Personally, I think this is a very good idea for any of the similar tech stuff.