How often should the well pump (submerisible) turn on?

Users who are viewing this thread

cichy1012

Reaction score
sorry guess i dont get it. the choices from the chart as far as drawdown under the precharged are 15.5 or 26.... Flotek is my only option so Im was trying to figure what one to get..
I so appreciate all the help

cichy1012

Reaction score
ugh ok.. i was hoping for the fp7125 due to the price and it saying 15.5 drawdown instead of my 9 gallon standard diaphragm one. Ill scrape up change if that one wont benefit me..

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't put that POS FloTek in there if you are looking to save money. Instead buy a GOOD tank right from the start and be done with it for 15-20 years, compared to a FloTek that MIGHT last 8-9 yrs.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
going back to the tanks,

Sorry I wasted your time trying to explain what actually caused your problem and how to prevent it from happening again. Since you don’t seem to want to take advice from those of us with experience, then go ahead and get a small Flotec tank. It is not your only option, but since you think it is, there is no reason for us to try to change your mind.

I fully expect you back soon saying, “my water shuts off, then comes back on by itself after a few minutes”. That will be your motor burned up and tripping on overload from all the cycling. Cycling was also the REASON for the broken tank bladders, sediment, water hammer, burned pressure switch, and low pressure in the house.

Now I am confused. Take the time to research and get advice, then don’t use any of it. I wish you the best of luck though!

cichy1012

Reaction score
Never said I was having a problem just wondering what to get. Was told for what I have is normal but need a bigger one. Didn't understand the difference between the precharged ones and the regular standard one. The precharged ones state they act like the bigger ones. I did say I would scrape up change for the bigger one. It wasn't until s post ago that someone said the flotec was a POS. The one that was suggested if I did get it was the fp7130 which looked like under the chart was 3 times the drawdown then what I currently have .vs the fp7125 at 16 down draw
single mom just trying to figure it out. But sorry if you feel I was not heeding your advice. I do appreciate it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
not sure how long the pump is running but once it cuts on it raises to about 50 psi in about 30 secs...also would it be wise to change my pressure to kick on at 20 psi. I have 5 kids. We use alot of water... I think its a 32 gallon on the pressure tank

You may not have said you have a problem, but when we saw the tank fills in 30 seconds, we knew you had a problem. But I am sorry, I had this thread confused with the one who has a bad tank and sediment filter problem. At least you don't have as many problems as that person.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
For the pump and tank size that you have the run-time is about normal for that setup.

A bigger tank would help your size of pump to work better.

A CSV may be nice to have, when using a lot of water at once. But with kids using water in spurts, A CSV and a smaller tank may make your pump cycle even more.

What you have is working as designed.

Have a Happy New Year.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Since your existing bladder tank is not broken, just undersized for that particular pump and your usage patterns, I suggest you just keep the tank and install a CSV. That size of tank would be fine with a CSV.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
A CSV may be nice to have, when using a lot of water at once. But with kids using water in spurts, A CSV may make your pump cycle even more.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You are confused or sniffing too much rocket fuel. A CSV won't make the existing 32 gallon tank think it is any smaller. It would still have the same 9 gallons of drawdown.

DonL

Reaction score
That makes no sense whatsoever. You are confused or sniffing too much rocket fuel. A CSV won't make the existing 32 gallon tank think it is any smaller. It would still have the same 9 gallons of drawdown.

I think it was the Heat Shield Tile Glue.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A CSV may be nice to have, when using a lot of water at once. But with kids using water in spurts,

The kids I know don’t use water in spurts. They overfill the bathtub, leave the faucet running while they brush their teeth, forget to turn off the garden hose after washing the bicycle, and flush the toilet 10 times is a row trying to get all that toilet paper to go down.

For in home use only, spurts or not, there is very little difference in the number of cycles between a system with a small tank and a CSV, or a larger tank without a CSV. For a heat pump or when water is used outside the house with a garden hose or irrigation system, even with a small tank the CSV system will cycle many times less than a system without a CSV.

DonL

Reaction score
Is air e tainer made by fint and walling a better company

Do You have a web link for the one you want to get ?.

They do make nice stuff, but model does mater. Looks like the Well X Trol would be a good tank.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks