How do I bolt down a new sink?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rleroux, Nov 16, 2008.

1. rleroux

rleroux New Member

I have purchased an 30 inch American Classics Euro Vanity Combination from HD. The cabinet and the sink come in one box. The sink is “cultured marbleâ€. Everything is in place and appears properly plumbed. We began using it last night and everything works fine.

The issue is the sink seems to just sit in the vanity cabinet. Gravity and pipes are the only thing holding the sink in place. I had expected to find a system to bolt it down similar to what I have seen with stainless steel sinks I have attached to counter tops in the past. But there doesn't seem to be any clips, clamps, etc. If I push on the sides of the sink now, I can move it around a bit.

Is there a way to hold this sink in place? Perhaps I should caulk it down…?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Yes, perhaps you should.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I would run a bead of RTV Silicone around the top of the vanity where it contacts the sink. Use denatured alcohol to clean the excess away. Let it sit for 24 hours without movement to set up.
  4. rleroux

rleroux New Member

Thanks Gary and Redwood. I'll take the coulking route then.