How can I replace this tub faucet?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by KathrynC, May 21, 2008.

1. KathrynC

KathrynC New Member

How can we replace this ancient tub faucet? Our handyman is not familiar with this unit to do a replacement. Does anyone know where we might find a faucet like this (it is 6 inches on center)? It's located in a rental and we plan on doing a remodel within the next few years, meaning we'd like to replace this without removing/replacing the tub surround. If this is an irreplaceable part we are open to other ideas. Is there a plate cover that can be purchased to cover where the handles are and keep the tub faucet in place? Then we can install a new shower valve/handle up further. Also, we do have access to the plumbing behind the wall.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

KathrynC

Attached Files:

2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

I have seen this type of faucet, used mostly in trailers,but the modern ones are normally 4 or 8 inch centers.I would start by contacting trailer supply houses see if they might know if they can still be gotten in 6 inch.If not,an 8 inch one could be used to replace it,with the appropriate plumbing adjustments and modifying the hole(s) in the wall.
    There is no cover such as you seek.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have found these in a supply house, but it has been several years. It may be repairable.....washers and seats might stop the leak