Easy way to increase pressure in tub faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

FakeGamerGirl

Reaction score
So, I have an old garden style bathtub in my double wide. It has a Delta Roman style faucet accessory kit. I am trying to figure out a way to decrease the size of the opening, aside from using my hand or some other ghetto rigging method, so that the pressure will seem stronger. (The pressure is fine, but the faucet opening is so wide that it does not properly "feel" pressurized) I have 2 toddlers and A. They like bubbles and I have a spinal injury that makes it difficult to stay bent over holding my hand over it to make "bigger" bubbles, and B. I am looking at getting a hose attachment that just slips over the faucet. I have no idea if that would be impacted by any other changes made to the faucet, but I'm not a plumber, so, while I could probably figure out how to get an entirely new accessory kit, I am not confident I would do it correctly.
I have already remodeled the second bathroom but did need some assistance in the plumbing area when it came time to change out the actual plumbing pieces. (I posted here about it, actually, and you guys were amazing! The plumber I had hired was less amazing haha)
There is an access door so I *can* actually see underneath if this helps in any way. It's an extremely old tub. It's original color was yellow but the house flipper painted it white. Just another fun detail:D

Attachments

• 20240424_080612.jpg
    20240424_080612.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240424_083601.jpg
    20240424_083601.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 18

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Slip over doo-hickey is your best bet. sorry. Cost for anything further would be off scale not worth it.
Garden hose from your water heater drain fitting an adjustable hand-held garden sprayer will make tons of foamy bubbles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks