Horizontal Vent Tee Orientation

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GoDillos, May 24, 2009.

1. GoDillos

GoDillos New Member

I have to tie 2 vents together. The best place to do this is when they are running horizontally in the space between floors. There they will meet at a right angle. Ideally, I would use a "vent tee" for this, right? However, I couldn't find one at the big box store.

Can I use a san tee? These are dry vents. If I do use a san tee, how do I orient it? Here's a picture of how I think it should go:

[​IMG]

Does that work? Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If the santee for the vent is six inches above the flood level, it will be fine.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tee

ANY tee would work there and the orientation is immaterial, although inspectors like to see them installed in the direction of flow as if air performed the same as water.