Home water supply question (pictures inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

thejalopybarn

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post hoping you can help as it seems there is a lot of knowledge here.

I am redoing much of the sprinkler heads we have around the property and am trying to make sure pressure is adequate. When looking for the water pressure regulator I only found what is pictured below under our house. The pump itself has no power supply going into it and I cant find any leads around that may have at one time been supplying power to it. The pressure gauges both sit at about 55 psi when nothing is running, so I have to imagine this is where the water comes in off the street and to the house. I know we have a meter for city water on our driveway and I see them come to read it once a week, but there is also the big storage tank coming out of the pump and the setup is confusing me. Is it possible that the water supply was switched from well to city at some point and the pump and storage tank was then just used as a pass though?

When I turn on our sprinklers, the two gauges pictured drop from 55 to 40psi.

Can anyone lend insight? I plan on putting power to it tomorrow and seeing what happens. My goal is to increase our water pressure to up around 70 psi so I can run the impact sprinklers I have around our property. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me on the optimum path to acheive my goal. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Flapper

Reaction score
Your images don't work; you cannot hotlink to Google's images; use an image hosting service like Postimage.org or upload to the forum.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
40 PSI is just all you are getting from the city. Turn on the pump and set the pressure switch to 60/80 and you will have an average of 70 PSI as the pump continually cycles between 60 on and 80 off. Or add a CSV before the pressure tank and you will have a constant 70 PSI (no cycling).

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Did you supply the right power? Is the motor set up for 115 volt or 230 volt. Could also be a bad starting capacitor or centrifugal switch. And it maybe that it has just sat for so long it is locked up. See if it will spin freely by hand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks