Holding well piping at casing and how to safety if pipe breaks

Users who are viewing this thread

tucker0104

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for all the help to pull my well pump. 3 questions for you:

1) what is a cheap way I can hold 300 feet of 1" well piping at the 6" casing if I wanted to take a break?

2) What nylon straps do you recommend for wrapping around the pipe for lifting? I was going to just use like 1"x24" or something like that

3) If the pipe were to break, how could I use the electrical wire tied off somewhere as a safety? I figure every 10 feet, I am going to have to take the slack out of the electrical wire.

Thank you. Thank you.

vwguygti

Reaction score
I have welded some pieces of rectangular steel tubing together almost like an “A” and rested it on top of the case. You can slide the built frame to wedge the drop pipe right below a coupler. I’ve also used a piece of 3/4” plywood and drilled a hole the same diameter of the drop pipe then cut out a slit to be able to slide the jig in and out, using the coupler to hold it.

There’s probably better ways, but these have worked for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks