Help with Toe Kick loop - parts question.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jpb116, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

I'm ready to install a toe kick heater. I believe I have all the parts I need I just have one last question. At the entry point of the loop I have a "dual directional tee" (sorry for not knowing the real name). My question is can I use a regular tee on the output side or should I use another one of the directional ones?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tee

You probably mean a Mono-Flo tee, or at least I hope you do. Whether you need one tee or two depends on the distance between them and the distance to the heater. IN most cases you will need two, unless you have added resistance between them such as an elbow turn.
  3. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

Thanks HJ

Yes, i do mean a Mono Flo tee. And thanks I thought I needed 2 but wasn't certain
  4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Monoflo

Distance makes no difference. You only use one mono-flow tee. Adding a second one will make no difference on the operation as the water is drawn through the secondary tee by the monoflow tee

Please refer to ALL Monoflo instructions. Unless there is adequate resistance between the two tees, (such as an elbow or long section of pipe), or if the radiator is beneath the main, you need both tees.