Help with pipe layout and direction

Users who are viewing this thread

ArtM

Reaction score
This second book seems like the one to get hey?

Actually, since you seem to know little about plumbing I'd suggest the first for you. Without understanding the basics, the second may not do you much good.

Does anyone else read this book and/or recommend it?

I don't recommend books unless they are good. Here, read a bit about the first book and the author.

Basic Plumbing with Illustrations Revised
by Howard C. Massey

This revised edition offers up-to-date instructions for installing code-approved plumbing in residential and light commercial buildings. Twenty-three chapters cover all the fundamentals of the trade: planning and sizing, installation, maintenance, common layout, materials, and code requirements for each job.

You'll find invaluable information on inspections, floor plans and plot plans, drawing and reading isometrics, code definitions, and materials.

How to size and install plumbing systems:

* traps
* valves
* faucets
* pipefitting

How to rough-in, maintain and repair:

* drain/waste/vent systems
* septic tanks and drainfields
* hot water systems, including solar
* plumbing for swimming pools, hot tubs and spas

Illustrated with hundreds of charts, tables, installation diagrams, and rough-in measurements. Includes a glossary of plumbing terms, plumbing abbreviations, extensive study questions at the end of each chapter, and a section with all the correct answers and the page in the book where the subject is covered.

If you're looking for a book that covers all aspects of code-approved plumbing - planning, installation, and repairs, with big, clear illustrations - this is the book you need.

The Author

Howard C. Massey is uniquely qualified as an authority on the plumbing code and an instructor of plumbing principles. An experienced master plumber, Mr. Massey operated his own plumbing contracting firm for 15 years, undertaking a wide variety of residential, commercial and school projects. He served for 14 years as plans examiner and plumbing inspector for Metropolitan Dade County, Miami, Florida.

If any plumbers want to do a plumbing plan consultation if i send the room drawing and all fixtures marked out, let me know. Just as long as it is a reasonable cost haha! I don't mind to spend the money but 1000 dollars seemed a little excessive i thought.

Or you could spend under a 100 bucks, invest some study time, and know how (and why) to properly plan it for yourself.

WayneGretzky

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help, i am going online next to order them both. I won't be ready for plumbing for a couple months anyways so perfect!
Funny thing is that i tried to find books online and the Orange box and then Chapters but they are all geared towards "how to replace a water tank" and don't give much substance!
Thanks again, and best regards, Monty

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks