Help with a stuck tub spout

Users who are viewing this thread

kitcloud

Reaction score
Trying to get this thing off to fix a broken diverter. Does not turn at all and have tried heating, PB Blaster with no resolution. Is there anyting I am missing to get this off? The spout housing has been removed as you can see in the picture and this is where I am. Appreciate any input!
Spout .jpeg

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Trying to get this thing off to fix a broken diverter. Does not turn at all and have tried heating, PB Blaster with no resolution. Is there anyting I am missing to get this off? The spout housing has been removed as you can see in the picture and this is where I am. Appreciate any input! View attachment 94972

I am not a plumber. I have not seen one like that. Is it possible the have it calked to the wall? If so, you might need to release the callk. I would tape your wall so you do not scratch it up with whatever tool you use … or use something plastic.

kitcloud

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. I have not seen one like that. Is it possible the have it calked to the wall? If so, you might need to release the callk. I would tape your wall so you do not scratch it up with whatever tool you use … or use something plastic.
Thanks. Not caulked to wall. I can pry a bit behind to see its threaded on. I soaked with PB blaster and didnt seem to do anything. Beginning to think a hacksaw is all that can be done.

bingow

Reaction score
DIYer here, not clear on what the photo shows. Since the spout (housing) has already been removed, then we're looking at the valve and it may not come apart that way. So you either have to go in from the back, per @Weekend Handyman , or if unable, then cutting the wall from the front. Not clear on how cutting what's visible with a hacksaw will help. Last gasp: pipe wrench with cheater, turning clockwise slightly to break the corrosion, then try loosening. Good luck, that's a tough one.

kitcloud

Reaction score
I found what appears to be the original configuration for this sprout. its an exterior wall behind it so maybe cutting from front would be better to cut and replace from there. Good times !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks