Help to improve water pump performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiago Dores

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I need you help to improve my setup.

I have an Honda WB30XT water pump for 3" hoses but due to my activity and use I have a weird setup and I'm afraid this is reducing the performance of the pump.

On the inlet side I'm using a 3" suction hose with a 2" anti leaking valve and 2" storz couplings to the pump
On the outlet side I'm using a 3" to 2" adapter with storz couplings to a 55mm hose.

I'm using it with arround 1 meter suction head and 0 total head.

Does this setup affectes the performance? is there anything I can do to improve my performance?

Thank you in advance from Portugal

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is a 290 GPM pump. I doubt that you can suck 290 GPM though a 2" check valve. I would use a 4" foot valve and a 4" suction hose attached to a 3" nipple that is 12" long going straight into the pump. Then a 3" hose on the discharge side. You just can't pump much water through a 2" hose, and the suction side is affected even more by restrictions.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
You probably aren't getting much more water than if you had a 2" pump. Most the 2" gas pumps I have will do about 100 gpm thru 2" hose. Most gas pumps will only pump about 35-40 psi maximum.

Tiago Dores

Reaction score
Well you just pointed some very important issues! Thank you so much for your help! I'll change it as you said and bost my underwater work significantly.

Thank you both!

Have a good day!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks