Help please !! Belanger shower diverter stem

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by torontoguy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. torontoguy

torontoguy New Member

Hi all, I need some help. I am having a heck of a time finding an original replacement BELANGER shower diverter stem. I ordered one but the the end of the stem is smaller which causes water to come out of the shower head because it doesn't seal. See picture attached the new one is the lower one and the original is the upper one. Any help would be much appreciated it seems I am running in to a dead end. The system is 35 years old and changing the whole unit out is not an option at this time. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

What was the problem with the original one?
  3. torontoguy

torontoguy New Member

The O ring second from the right keeps coming off because the retainer ring is worn. Thanks
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

How about finding a thin brass washer with the right sized opening and o.d. to retain the O ring? Put it over the stem and use the spring to hold it in place.