Help me fix my Toto Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

topcat

Reaction score
My Toto drake is about 2 years old now. I installed it myself. But over the past 2 months it seems like I need to take a plunger to it almost every time more than 3 wads of toilet paper are used... Thoughts on how to troubleshoot this? Water levels seem OK... It flushes great otherwise, just gets stuck with 4 or more wads of toilet paper. Upstairs toto drake (same model) can handle 4 or more wads of toilet paper without ever needing to be plunged.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There may be something in the lower trapway that is hanging things up.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to hold the handle down to drain the entire tank, just to sweep the trapway.
Anything left over in the trapway can impede the siphon action.

topcat

Reaction score
Thanks, I will give that a try and hopefully it will do better. It's been a great toilet otherwise that I bought and installed from finding your site.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks