Help identifying Kinetico components and finding proper resin

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne Bailey

Reaction score
Hello,

I inherited a water softening system consisting of 4 pressure tanks and salt tank. Well water supply with significant iron content.

First tank in the series comes from the well pump and is marked RT-940-8 PI27305 there is an inner tube type pressure fitting on the head. Output of this tank goes to the pressure accumulator tank. From the pressure accumulator it goes to the second pressure tank with electric timer on the top and is marked RT-10548 PI43521. Following this tank is a dual set of tanks with a mechanical (water flow?) timer. These dual tanks are marked 877203.

The system is 15-17 years old. The media/resin has never been replaced. I am experiencing a significant dynamic pressure drop across the first tank during higher flow rates. My understanding is the first tank is an iron oxidizer tank.

I would like to find manuals and a recommendation for the media/resin for this system. I intend to do a complete service and resin replacement. Kinetico was NO HELP. What a miserable experience with the manufacturer - they referred me to the "dealer" who was even less help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wayne Bailey

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Photo of the set up?

There might be some manuals on the first 2 units if they are not Kinetico.

Wayne Bailey

Reaction score
What a pain in the butt trying to attach image to this reply, so here is the URL:

First tank in the series with ID numbers:

RT-940-8 PI27305

100_0185.JPG

Second tank in the system with numbers

RT-10548 PI43521

100_0186.JPG

and the final pair of tanks with numbers

100_0187.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Wayne

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
First one sounds like a 9X40 tank and the other one a 10X54 tank.

Part of the challenge is that different companies call the same item different numbers .........arg........ but life moves on.

Any idea what the raw or untreated water has tested out at?

Knowing what the water test is can help in finding out what media was most likely used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks