Help Identifying Cartridge and/or Shower Handle Model, PP Avante

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by rbirch, Aug 19, 2013.

1. rbirch

rbirch New Member

Please help! We removed the cartridge from our tub/shower last night, it was leaking through our first story ceiling. There is no model name or number anywhere and I need to replace the cartridge. Its an older, single handle. Any ideas? Picture below. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That may be a Price Pfister Avante

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  3. rbirch

rbirch New Member

Thank you Terry. I dont think its an Avanti, just by looking at pictures online. The Avanti has a raised center to the knob, ours is flat. But, the cartridge looks identical (although pictures online show it in black and ours is white).

Do you think I could buy the Avanti cartridge and use it, even if our model is not Avanti? Any other ideas what model it could be?

Thanks, I am closer!!!
  4. asktom

asktom Member

It looks like Avante to me too.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is no doubt about it being an Avante stem, regardless of what the handle looks like.