Help I 've got the hot and cold reversed

Users who are viewing this thread

Stryker58

Reaction score
I have a shower that has a Mix-It shower control. It was leaking so I took it off and went to buy a new one. When I got it installed my wife took a shower and told me the hot and cold sides were switched now. I thought I put it in the way it came out , what can i do to reverse it? :confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
With some brands' cartridges, you can flip them 180-degrees to fix backwards supply lines. Do not know if yours is one of them. Apparantly, the one you took out was. It is also possible that your valve is installed upside down. Some are designed for a tub and when using it for a shower, you still use the bottom outlet, or move the plug to the other side.

I've read that this tends to happen with back-to-back installations...one of them will be backwards unless you do so fancy cross-overs with the supply piping.

You may need to swap things around.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks