Helllllp Moen tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe101

Reaction score
I have a Moen product in my tub...I have already changed my stem out and flushed the line....but it still want flow through the lines at all low flow seems like it has a clogged line helpme

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First question: do you have both the hot and cold supplies turned on? If not, and the valve is working right (I'm assuming it's a pressure balance valve, but that may not be valid!), it won't (or shouldn't) let water through. If they are, then that valve may have a separate pressure balance valve in the body that is stuck and needs to be replaced as well.

Joe101

Reaction score
Thank u both...but it only have one valve stem that controls hot and cold release.....I believe it's something that is clogged in the lines that runs from the stem to the spicket.....how do I delime the valves where the stem sits... Or do I have to change the whole moen deverter

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You could have a Moentrol valve which DOES have a separate balancing unit to the right of the stem in the valve body, under the large chrome trim ring. But a defective one would usually only reduce or stop the flow to the hot OR cold, never both.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks