Heated Mirror Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

santhony7

Reaction score
I wanted to hear from the professionals about this idea. I need a heated mirror in my shower and I don't want it to be electric. So my idea is to create my own mirror that is heated with the hot water supply. Do you think it would be possible using a heat exchanger like pictured? Just attach a mirror directly to it and mount it between studs? Maybe flow rate would be an issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 1.39.35 PM copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 1.39.35 PM copy.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 20

Fitter30

Reaction score
Heated mirrors use a electrical heated mat attached directly on the mirror. The glass is very thin 5mm and can have lights around the frame. If the mirror is larger than the coil it will take time for the heat to transfer out to the edges. Think 70%+ of heat might just straight up from the coil and since heat travels from hot to cold don't know how much and fast it would work.

santhony7

Reaction score
I was going to make an insulated enclosure for it and the mirror itself would be the same size for the most part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks