Has anyone had experience with TwoFlush or similar inserts

Users who are viewing this thread

GramGram

Reaction score
These are used to retrofit existing toilets into dual flush.

I'm coming to the end of my rope trying to get a low-flow, dual flush toilet with 10" rough in!!:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a good working retrofit...a toilet needs to be designed for it to work well.

GramGram

Reaction score
It has been somewhat considered

I was told by someone at the Plumbing Supply store that these are the latest thing and a good compromise. Unfortunately, they are so new (or so it seems) that they are not covered in the water company's rebate program. I sure could use that $150 rebate!

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
If your dual flush toilets/retrofits (two buttons) are like the ones we have had in Europe for years now, I would stay well away. They are a P.I.T.F.A. to adjust.

Everyone that comes to visit me in the US just loves the simplicity of my 1.6 gallon flush.

I'd do what Terry says and go for the even lower 1.28 gallon flush toilet that stays with this tested and simple design.

Even if Toto did a two-button flush, I would stay well away. They don't do they?

aquia3_top.jpg

Toto Aquia with two button flush, one of the most trouble free toilets on the planet.
According to people that have them in their homes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
jIan,
The Toto Aquia use a split button for the flush.
I have sold 150 of these over the last three years.
They have been rock solid. One of the most trouble free toilets on the market.

I sell thousands of toilets every year. The Toto Aquia is my favorite dual flush toilet out there.

The twoflush should work for most standard toilets to reduce water usage.
If the toilet was an average toilet before, it's not going to improve anything. It will just flush with less water, and with less power.

The advantage of a toilet designed to work as a dual, is that the bowl is structured to work with less. I had the Toto Aquia installed in the main bath for two years, and it never plugged.
It would flush just about anything even on the 0.9 flush.

Some of the other methods for reducing water usage in old bowls, it to put a glass jar in the tank to reduce volumne.
Or to use a quicker closing flapper.
There are the dual flush flush valves on the market for old stuff too.
However, if the old bowl was rated at 200 grams or so the old way, reducing water will also reduce that number.

Last edited:

GramGram

Reaction score
NEW low-flow toilet

No, the idea here was to purchase a low flow toilet and then buy the insert to make it dual-flush.

Again, the 10" rough in has me over a barrel. I'm searching the internet trying to find a 1.28 with 10" rough-in....
THEN I have to see if it is on the water company's "list"

Thanks,
Sue

GramGram

Reaction score
I had posted this in another thread where I was trying to get a comparison betwee Aquia and Caroma Caravelle--

"We failed in trying to install the Toto Aquaia II Dual FLush (that I REALLY wanted!) because the "rough in" was 11 5/8 imches. It seems that the only other low-flow toilet with Dual Flush is the Caroma Caravelle. I don't like the styling because it "juts out" taking up valuable space between toilet and tub.
Does anyone have other suggestions for 10" rough-ins?"

Sue

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks