Gurgling after flushing a Toto Aquia Wall-Hung? What's wrong?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Erik Gronning, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Erik Gronning

Erik Gronning New Member

Well after months of anticipation our project is nearing completion and the Toto Aquia wall hung toilet was finally mounted. A Geberit Wall-hung Washdown (with 3.5 in.minimum depth) was used as the tank. Upon my first test flush I noticed that a gurgling sound was coming from the tub drain. It sounds like the air is being sucked through the water trap. I tried it with both flows and while expectedly the .9 GPF flush created less gurgling it is still present. Does anyone have any advice? The Aquia does have a mighty flush so possibly it is the sudden large flow of water and ensuing suction that is making the noise but I understood that if the waste pipe was vented properly and a water trap was present on the tub drain a noise such as this should not occur. I deeply appreciate any advice you can provide.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Your tub may not be vented correctly. It got by with the old slow river flush from before perhaps.
    Is this bathroom new? Or is it a conversion?
    Normally I would vent both the wall carrier and the tub. In some locations, I can vent the toilet using the tub vent. I use 2" for that.