Guide to take head off of Kenmore Ultrasoft 275?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by mmarkallm, Jul 28, 2014.

1. mmarkallm

mmarkallm New Member

Is there a guide for taking off the head to get to the resin tank?

I have searched and not found any useful information yet. I have the manual, but it does not say how to take the head off, or maybe I have missed something. I want to take the head off and possibly replace the resin?
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

the head is removed by taking off the double clamps, similar to a Victaulic style clamp. These systems are basically use and dispose of when they break. Typically not worth maintaining or repairing. It is the equivalent of a Huffy mountain bike.
  3. mmarkallm

mmarkallm New Member

I meant to ask how to take out the resin tube without taking off or dismantling the head, if that is possible. Thanks for the response.
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

First, place unit on bypass and relieve the pressure. Pull the bypass towards the valve and remove the clips. Then remove the clamps at the base of the valve. remove valve head and you will see the dist tube.
  5. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

It requires taking the head off of the tank to take out the distributor tube, without getting ridiculous.

If you are working on your magic act, I think your trick would have a very small audience that would appreciate it.
  6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

A five pound sledge works just super on those kenmore units. Lol